- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Hi Anonymous, the CKP sensor needs compression to send correct signal to the ICM/ECM, make sure both spark plugs are in heads and use a grounded third plug to check for spark or hold spark plug cable close to spark plug in head. If still not getting spark the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Battery voltage below 8.7 volts, loose or broken battery cables especially ground cable to frame.
3. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
5. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
6. Failed CKP, CMP, MAP or BAS sensor.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
For a prime suspect please visit the website below and good luck.
Harley Diagnostic Codes 04 to Present
Research, Knowledge and Information :
Having problems with your 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic ?